Facilitating perpetual and strategic Change
Apply the sustainable change processes- A clear path to success
Equipping Managers for Greatness
Sometimes an organisation is like a bicycle. When it is not moving, it falls down. Organisations all over the world find themselves in a challenging changing environment. Thus the way in which organisations handle these changing external conditions is critical. Change is a way of life in today’s organisation and hence there is a need for a systematic approach for managing change that will emphasise the importance of the environmental influences on the organisation and its subsystems.
- Fundamentals of strategic repositioning
- Stratified systems thinking
- Understanding chaos and complexity
- World-class competitiveness and continual improvement
- Creating and developing a true learning organisation
- Diagnostic models and tools
- Developing high-performance work cultures
- Change intervention strategies
- Facilitating systems thinking
- Change agent competencies
- Managing the change project
- Consultation skills
- Regenerative leadership
- Creating and sustaining high-performance teams
- Managing organisational and interpersonal conflict
- Collaborative negotiation strategies
- Communicating change
- Overcoming resistance to change
- Towards a framework for transition management
- Change business simulation
DURATION: This workshop is delivered with a blend of classroom training interventions and practical group and individual sessions as well as an integrated assignment towards the end
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Suitable for managers, team leaders or anyone who needs to develop their creative thinking skills to develop new ideas and resolve problems and to facilitate these changes.
- Managers who manage projects and need to broaden their skills base on the subject. Public Sector: Managers and HODs at National, Provincial and Government levels, Local Governments and Municipalities.
- Executives, strategic executive managers and other role-players contributing to the development of improved service delivery to communities.
This program has been developed as a result of the
- Constant rate of change in organisations and the inability to manage change management roles;
- Generally poor implementation of change management projects;
- Failure to look at people and change management issues from a holistic, integrated and systemic perspective.
- Overall outcomes
Given the background and the challenge to develop and nurture change management competencies, the outcomes of this program offer a holistic framework which underline the shift of continual improvement, and participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply the principles underlying change management and apply identified change models to real life situations and case studies.
- Analyse the specific change management issues of an organisation, analyse and interpret the effect of change on industries and organisations, and recommend ways of improving the ability of own organisation to manage change.
- Utilise the change management techniques provided to effectively and efficiently execute change management projects in own organisation
- Draw up a comprehensive change management plan incorporating all the facets of change management.
This comprehensive program on change management) will enable participants to be fully trained in the most essential skills of an internal change agent.Various models/tools and methodologies in change management will be discussed to provide a holistic framework.
StartModule 1: Setting the scene and case: World-class competitiveness and continual improvement
StartModule 2: The Contracting Phase of Change Management
StartModule 3: The Assessment Phase of Change Management
StartModule 4::The Planning and Implementation Phase of Change Management
StartModule 5: The Evaluating Phase of Change Management